Ways to Give
Your generosity expands access for future Ambrosians to obtain a St. Ambrose education, advances interdisciplinary excellence in the classroom and empowers students and faculty to positively impact local and global communities.
We invite you to choose the method or combination of methods that can make your gift carry the most meaning to you. The easiest way to make your gift may be using our online giving form. However, SAU is able to accept gifts of several types and methods and will work with you to make your gift in a way that best suits your needs.
Make an Immediate Impact
The Ambrose Annual Fund is a powerful source of current-use, unrestricted funding that supports the full range of extraordinary learning, service and experiential opportunities at Ambrose.
Ways to Give
At the start of a fiscal and academic year, the Ambrose Annual Fund looks forward to helping our students explore, learn and achieve. With an annual gift to St. Ambrose, you play an essential role in ensuring students and faculty have the best resources available to pursue their academic endeavors.
Join us in providing resources that will help these talented Bees reach their full potential.
ONLINE GIVING - This is the simplest way to contribute, and the preferred method for many of our alumni and friends. Use our easy-to-use and secure online giving site to make a gift.
Our new giving site accepts, in addition to major credit cards, Venmo, PayPal, ApplePay and GooglePay!
RECURRING GIFTS - Set it and forget it! In addition to one time giving, you can choose to set up a recurring donation to support our Bees throughout the year on the online giving site.
Upon completion of your gift, you will receive a receipt of your transaction via email. Retain this receipt for tax purposes.
You can mail us a check made out to St. Ambrose University. Please include a note telling us how to direct your gift and send to:
St. Ambrose University
518 W. Locust St.
Davenport, IA 52803
St. Ambrose welcomes gifts of appreciated securities - such as stocks, bonds, or mutual funds that have grown in value - as pledge payments or outright gifts.
When you are prepared to request a stock transfer, please call a member of the Advancement team at 563-333-6030 and share your name, the name of the stock, and your broker. This allows for an efficient and prompt stock transfer process and acknowledgment of your gift.
Memorial and Tribute gifts are a special way to remember a loved one, friend or colleague.
Gifts can be made online, by mail, or by calling 563-333-5737. Always let us know the name of the person you are honoring.
MULTIPLY YOUR IMPACT!
Matching Gifts are a great way for Ambrose alumni, parents, and friends to maximize their personal contributions to SAU and increase the impact of their gift. By taking advantage of a company or organization's matching gift benefit, you may be able to double or even triple the amount of a contribution.
Visit our Matching Gifts page and find out if a particular employer, organization or foundation will match your gift.
Please contact Megan Tarasi if you have a question about matching gifts.
Making a legacy gift is one way to honor your love for St. Ambrose, with potential benefits for you as the donor, your heirs, and the University.
The Bishop McMullen Legacy Circle honors those who have made this choice to help St. Ambrose sustain the excellence that began in 1882.
You can learn more about these Legacy gifts and other options at our detailed Legacy Giving site.
This method allows you to transfer assets to the University in exchange for lifetime income.
You can begin receiving payments immediately or at a future date you select. Different states have different laws governing charitable annuities.
Please contact us at 563-333-6080 to share the specific details of your situation, and together we can plan your gift accordingly. Learn more here.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life.
To ensure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The text of this statement in its entirety was developed by the American Association of Fund-Raising Counsel (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), and adopted in November 1993.