You can make a difference in the world with a public health degree. Our fully online Master of Public Health program allows you to follow your passion and shape healthcare policy and programs in ways to help communities prosper. Our MPH focuses on the skills you’ll need to identify and analyze public health issues, develop evidence-based solutions, and apply and adapt those solutions via practice.
Our curriculum is grounded in core public health principles, so you can explore your specific passion, whether it is rural health care, community health edcuation or environmental health. Our knowledgeable faculty have real-world experience and they will guide you in small classes designed with your success in mind. And, because our program is fully online you can study on a flexible schedule and balance your coursework with your life.
The online Master of Public Health program prepares you to launch, or advance, your career in public health management, administration, program planning, evaluation, research, and many other health and social service settings.
- Next Start Date:8/19/2019
- Est. Program Length*:18 months
- Credit Hours:43 total
- Course Length:8 weeks
- Cost Per Credit Hour:$700
*Ask about part time study options
Who is This Degree For?
- Students coming out of a diverse range of bachelor’s degree programs in social and physical sciences, including those who tracked pre-med or other graduation health degrees, who may have opted not to attend medical school at this time.
- Healthcare and social service professionals who are ready to step into leadership and management roles.
- Individuals who are looking to advance their careers in the public health field.
- Course Information
- Admission Requirements
- Tuition Costs & Financing
- Transfer Credits
- Military Students
Core Course Requirements
- MPH 510 PH Concepts and Practice
- MPH 515 Health Promotion and Communication
- MPH 516 Applied Practicum Experience Planning (synchronous-blended)
- MPH 520 Epidemiology
- MPH 525 Biostatistics-Quantitative Research
- MPH 530 Qualitative Research
- MPH 540-Behavior-Social-Environmental Health
- MPH 610 Evidenced Based Practice in PH
- MPH 620 Global Health Policy
- MPH 630 Public Health Equity and Ethics
- MPH 670 Global Health Systems
- MPH 680 Management and Leadership in PH systems
- MPH 690 Community Health Analysis and Promotion
- MPH 695 Applied Practicum Experience (200 hours-25 hours per week/8 week)
- MPH 700 Integrated Learning Experience
Health and/or Social Services Administrator
You’ve worked in an office or clinical setting, but now you’re ready to take the next step. As a healthcare administrator, you’ll plan, direct and coordinate medical policy and services. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects this field to grow by 20 percent through 2026, much faster than the national average.
Public Health Educator
Make a difference in your community. As a public health educator, you’ll work with community leaders to help teach and promote positive behaviors and wellness. You’ll develop and implement strategies to execute these tasks, with the overall goal of improving the lives of your neighbors.
Showcase your leadership skills, a public health director is responsible for the overall management of public health care programs and organizations. As a director you will be in charge of organizing, planning, directing, and managing multiple programs or individual ones and also have a direct impact on the way that the community or population's overall well-being is improved. It's a leadership role, and one that is primarily done on a countywide or even statewide level.
Are you interested in trends and statistics within the field of health? Then a career as an epidemiologist may be ideal for you. Epidemiologists investigate patterns and causes of disease and injuries in humans. Through their research, epidemiologists strive to reduce the risk of diseases and injuries to promote a healthier society.
Why St. Ambrose?
St. Ambrose University is focused on results: 90% of our 2016-17 undergraduates were employed in their field, attending graduate school, or contributing to their communities as volunteers within six months of graduating. Alumni of our graduate programs are leading worldwide corporations, hospitals, security firms, hospitals, non-profit organizations and more.
You will learn from leading educators, practitioners, and researchers who support your educational and professional goals. Our faculty are focused on teaching first and are readily available to answer questions or help you dive deeper into a topic.
Our competitive tuition means you will get a deep and relevant education at an affordable price.
Ambrosians share a commitment to academic excellence, liberal arts, social justice, and service. Our students, alumni and faculty are actively contributing to their communities, professions, and the world. Join us, grow, and make an impact of your own.
Benefits of Learning Online
With our fully online format, you can balance your education around your busy life. Take advantage of a structure that puts your needs first.
Enjoy completing your studies in a community of peers from diverse backgrounds.
Become an Ambrosian
Earn a St. Ambrose University online degree from anywhere in the world.
Our faculty have real-world experience and a passion for teaching. Make a connection and use it to help propel your career.
We offer competitive tuition and financial aid for our online programs.