Learn to lead, inspire and bring people together through St. Ambrose University’s unique master’s in organizational leadership online program. Designed for working individuals striving for career advancement, this online program provides tuition rates you can afford, plus the flexibility you need to succeed in a variety of career fields, including healthcare, education, public relations, human resources and more.
The master’s in organizational leadership online program delivers an accelerated, interdisciplinary curriculum grounded in liberal arts and founded on essential leadership requirements. Each eight-week course is delivered fully online and can be completed when and where it’s convenient for your schedule. With the freedom to study at your own pace, you’ll explore a virtual classroom and learn to build a collaborative performance culture in the workplace, communicate strategic visions, analyze complex environments and make difficult decisions as a leader.
In addition to career-focused courses, our master’s in organizational leadership online classroom also incorporates the expertise of veteran professionals with years of leadership and management experience. By matching dedicated professionals with students who are eager to enhance their leadership skills and capabilities, the program offers a challenging academic experience as students and educators share innovative ideas and learn from each other.
The curriculum also includes a hands-on project to complete in your workplace with permission from your supervisor. You’ll have an opportunity to gain problem-solving experience, to implement change and to improve your company. Upon completion of the master’s in organizational leadership online program, you’ll be fully equipped with the skills to serve your company and community as a valued contributor, problem-solver and leader.
- Next Start Date:5/17/21
- Est. Program Length*:18-24 months
- Credit Hours:30 total
- Course Length:8 weeks
- Cost Per Credit Hour:$712
Who is This Degree For?
- Recent college graduates who want to make a difference and confront change within their organizations and communities
- Management professionals who need advanced leadership skill to better serve their businesses
- Professionals who want to influence others and increase organizational participation within their workplace by mastering a variety of communication methods
- Individuals striving to improve their professional skills in identifying, analyzing and correcting dysfunctional relationships that disrupt organizational effectiveness
- Course Information
- Admission Requirements
- Tuition Costs & Financing
- Transfer Credits
- Military Students
Core Courses (24 credits)
- MOL 501 Leadership Theory*
- MOL 529 Conflict Management
- MOL 540 Leadership Communication
- MOL 625 Leading Organizational Change*
- MOL 691 Dialogical Skills
- MOL 701 Strategic Leadership
- MOL 715 Leadership Work Action Project (16 weeks)
- MOL 716 Leadership Research Paper (16 weeks)
* Students will need to take these courses first.
Electives (6 credits). Choose two:
- MOL 515 Decision-Making and Leadership
- MOL 557 Building Effective Teams
- MBA 621 Human Behavior in Organizations
- MOL 635 Servant Leadership
- MOL 645 International Issues in Leadership
- MOL 655 Political and Civic Leadership
- MOL 710 Ethics in Leadership
- MOL 790 Independent Inquiry in Leadership
- MOL 792 Special Topics
Graduates will be fully prepared to excel as a leader in any profession across a wide variety of industries, such as: Healthcare, Education, Communications & Marketing, Public relations, Human Resources, IT/Engineering
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER
Companies all over the world rely on skilled human resources professionals to conduct employee training programs, coordinate administrative procedures and manage communication among departments. By earning your master’s in organizational leadership online with St. Ambrose University, you’ll develop the skills necessary to lead a team of human resources personnel and make a difference within your company.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
The proper training is key to company success. As a graduate of St. Ambrose University’s online master’s in organizational leadership program, you’ll have the effective communication skills and strategic planning capabilities necessary to successfully coordinate employee training and development programs.
MEDICAL AND HEALTH SERVICE MANAGER
As the medical field advances, the need for medical and healthcare professionals increases. With the online master’s in organizational leadership program from St. Ambrose University, you’ll develop the advanced organizational skills necessary to plan and coordinate procedures as a medical and health services manager.
Why St. Ambrose?
St. Ambrose University is focused on results: 90% of our 2016-17 undergraduates were employed in their field, attending graduate school, or contributing to their communities as volunteers within six months of graduating. Alumni of our graduate programs are leading worldwide corporations, hospitals, security firms, hospitals, non-profit organizations and more.
You will learn from leading educators, practitioners, and researchers who support your educational and professional goals. Our faculty are focused on teaching first and are readily available to answer questions or help you dive deeper into a topic.
Our competitive tuition means you will get a deep and relevant education at an affordable price.
Ambrosians share a commitment to academic excellence, liberal arts, social justice, and service. Our students, alumni and faculty are actively contributing to their communities, professions, and the world. Join us, grow, and make an impact of your own.
Benefits of Learning Online
With our fully online format, you can balance your education around your busy life. Take advantage of a structure that puts your needs first.
Enjoy completing your studies in a community of peers from diverse backgrounds.
Become an Ambrosian
Earn a St. Ambrose University online degree from anywhere in the world.
Our faculty have real-world experience and a passion for teaching. Make a connection and use it to help propel your career.
We offer competitive tuition and financial aid for our online programs.