Some of the most in-demand jobs in the United States are in accounting, and St. Ambrose University can help you achieve your accounting goals. Get the skills you need to advance your career with our fully online Bachelor of Business Administration-Accounting program, and learn the concepts and strategies necessary to become a successful accountant.
Our curriculum is grounded in the liberal arts and taught by knowledgeable faculty with real-world business experience. You’ll learn relevant skills in small classes designed with your success in mind. In the online Bachelor of Business Administration-Accounting program, you will gain experience in auditing, tax procedures, international business, and other accounting-related areas, all while sharpening your written communication and problem-solving skills.
The online program prepares you to move your career forward. We accept transfer credits and offer competitive tuition, allowing you to finish your degree in less than two years, at a price you can afford. And because our program is fully online, you can study on a flexible schedule, allowing you to balance your classes with your daily life.
While accounting is a vital component to every business, there are several other factors that contribute to business success. Become proficient in a variety of business topics and gain the skills necessary to take on the business career of your dreams with our online Bachelor of Business Administration degree.
- Next Start Date:10/15/2018
- Est. Program Length*:2 years
- Credit Hours:120 total
- Course Length:8 Weeks
- Cost Per Credit Hour:$450
Who is This Degree For?
- Individuals already employed in accounting-related fields who want to advance their careers.
- Students who have some college credits that are looking for a desirable and stable career.
- Individuals with interest and talent in efficiency, numbers and accounting.
- Course Information
- Admission Requirements
- Tuition Costs & Financing
- Transfer Credits
- Military Students
- ACCT 201 Financial Accounting
- ACCT 202 Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 300 Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT 301 Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT 302 Intermediate Accounting III
- ACCT 305 Income Tax Procedures I
- ACCT 307 Cost Accounting
- ACCT 312 Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 415 Auditing
- BUS 201 Legal Environment of Business
- ECON 201 Principles of Macroeconomics
- ECON 202 Principles of Microeconomics
- ENGL 315 Written Business Communication
- INTL 400 International Experiential Portfolio
- STBE 137 Quantitative Reasoning in Business
- STBE 237 Statistics for Business and Economics
- INTL 372 Managing Across Cultures
- 6 credit hours of approved Accounting Electives and 6 credit hours of approved College of Business electives
As our business and tax codes become more complex, public accountants are in higher demand than ever. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the field is expected to grow by more than 140,000 jobs by 2026.
Help guide your company on the path to profitability as a management accountant. With the education you receive from the experienced faculty at St. Ambrose, you’ll be ready to excel in a high-pressure role within any organization.
St. Ambrose prepares students not just for the private sector but also for roles in government. As a government auditor, you’ll use the skills you gain at St. Ambrose to analyze government financial documents as a way to ensure your employer is using funds lawfully.
Why St. Ambrose?
St. Ambrose University is focused on results: 90% of our 2016-17 undergraduates were employed in their field, attending graduate school, or contributing to their communities as volunteers within six months of graduating. Alumni of our graduate programs are leading worldwide corporations, hospitals, security firms, hospitals, non-profit organizations and more.
You will learn from leading educators, practitioners, and researchers who support your educational and professional goals. Our faculty are focused on teaching first and are readily available to answer questions or help you dive deeper into a topic.
Our competitive tuition means you will get a deep and relevant education at an affordable price.
Ambrosians share a commitment to academic excellence, liberal arts, social justice, and service. Our students, alumni and faculty are actively contributing to their communities, professions, and the world. Join us, grow, and make an impact of your own.
Benefits of Learning Online
With our fully online format, you can balance your education around your busy life. Take advantage of a structure that puts your needs first.
Enjoy completing your studies in a community of peers from diverse backgrounds.
Become an Ambrosian
Earn a St. Ambrose University online degree from anywhere in the world.
Our faculty have real-world experience and a passion for teaching. Make a connection and use it to help propel your career.
We offer competitive tuition and financial aid for our online programs.