St. Ambrose University is proud to offer veterans, service members, and their families with avenues for higher education. Our online degree programs provide numerous opportunities for service members, and their dependents, to achieve their educational and professional goals.
VA Education Benefits and Yellow Ribbon Program
Many veterans who qualify for the Post 9/11 GI Bill can take advantage of a fully online education for free or at a reduced cost.
St. Ambrose is proud to offer the Yellow Ribbon Program to those with 100% Post 9/11 GI Bill eligibility. With a matching grant from the VA, for the 2017-2018 school year, St. Ambrose will match 50 percent of tuition and fee expenses that exceed $22,805.34 — up to $5,000 for undergraduate students and adults enrolling in accelerated degree programs, and up to $2,750 for graduate students.
For more information, visit the GI Bill® website or contact SAU’s Coordinator of Veterans Services at 563-333-5721.
In addition, qualified members currently serving in the U.S. armed forces may be eligible to transfer unused Post 9/11 GI Bill entitlement to their spouses or children. Click here to learn more about Transfer of Entitlements.
VA Educational Resources
- Montgomery G.I. Bill® – Active Duty (MGIB-AD – Chapter 30)
- Montgomery G.I. Bill® – Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR – Chapter 1606)
- Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E – Chapter 31)
- Post-Vietnam Veterans Educational Assistance Program (VEAP – Chapter 32)
- Survivors & Dependents Educational Assistance (DEA – Chapter 35)
- Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (W.A.V.E.)*
*Allows students to verify their enrollment online. Students must be currently enrolled in an approved educational program and must have a current benefit award to use W.A.V.E.
Military Tuition Assistance
The U.S. Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, National Guard, Navy and Army Reserves provide federal tuition assistance programs. Iowa and Illinois also provide State Tuition Assistance for the Army and Air National Guard. Program details, eligibility and requirements vary.
All prior military learning and experience will be carefully reviewed, and credits may be awarded based on American Council on Education (ACE) guidelines. Other credits may be awarded based on a prior learning assessment or through satisfactory performance on CLEP or DSST exams.
As part of the admissions process, we encourage you to request military transcripts from either of the following applicable institutions:
- Army, Navy, Marines or Coast Guard: Joint Service Transcript
- Air Force: Community College of the Air Force
Official military transcripts can be sent to: St. Ambrose University, Office of the Registrar, 518 W. Locust St., Davenport, Iowa, 52803
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FINANCIAL AID
If you find you need a little help beyond your military benefits, here’s a list of additional resources.
- Air Force Aid Society
- American Legion Auxiliary (Scholarships)
- Army Emergency Relief Fund
- Credit Union Student Loans
- Discover® Student Loans
- Dolphin Scholarship Foundation
- Fast Web (scholarships)
- First Command Educational Foundation
- John David Fry Scholarship
- Iowa Student Loans
- Navy and Marine Corps Relief Fund
- Purple Hearts Association Scholarships
- Scholarships for Military Children
- Veteran Benefits Scholarship